What is Depression?
Many people can feel sad or upset at times, but these feelings generally subside after a few days and things go back to normal. A Depressive disorder is something different and not simply a case of having the blues. Someone who is depressed has difficulty functioning in their daily life and will have difficulty at work, home, and everywhere in between. Often, people do not seek treatment for depression even though there is very effective treatment available. There are several forms of depressive disorders that are listed below. If you are suffering from depression, we can help you.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
If you think you may have a depressive disorder, come in for an evaluation. Depression is something that can be effectively treated, and we will determine your diagnosis and begin treatment right away. Research has shown time and again that medications can be very helpful, and the combination of medications and therapy is even better. We offer treatment using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Problem Solving Therapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, and judicious medication use.
Specific Types of Depression:
• Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
• Major Depressive Disorder, Single and Recurrent Episodes
• Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia)
• Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
• Substance/Medication-Induced Depressive Disorder
• Depressive Disorder Due to Another Medical Condition
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
• Feeling sad, anxious, or empty more often than not
• Hopelessness or helplessness
• Eating too much or too little
• Sleeping too much or too little
• Fatigue and lower energy level than before
• Inability to concentrate
• Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
• Feeling guilty or worthless
• Excessive weight gain or weight loss
• Aches and pains which won’t go away
We're here to help when you're ready.
Want help getting started? Request Appointment
Here at Virtual Consult MD we welcome ALL individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual identity or orientation, socio-economic status, and marital status. We assure you that your beliefs and lifestyle are respected. We welcome you with complete acceptance and compassion.